You can set up Gmail to check, store and send emails from your Green Hosting™ email accounts using the following instructions.
The below may seem like a lot of steps. But only takes a few minutes to set up.
Before you start
We recommend reading this article regarding options for importing old emails to Gmail.
Add email accounts to Gmail
To add email accounts to your Gmail account, follow these steps for each address;
- In the Gmail web interface, go to your account settings by clicking the cog near the top right and selecting "Settings"
- In the settings area, click "Account and Import"
- In the "Check mail from other accounts" area, click "Add a mail account"
- Enter the new email address in the popup window that opens, then click next
- Leave the settings on the next window as they are, then click next
- Enter the full email address in the "Username" field, enter the password
- Select port 995
- Check the box that says "Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving mail"
- Click "Add account", then "next"
- Enter the name you want to send as, then click "Next Step"
- Enter the full email address and the password
- Click "Add account"
- Log in to the email account you are adding to Gmail to get the verification code Gmail has sent you
- Verify your account using the verification code or by clicking the verification link
Please also see this article from Google for more information on how you can send emails from a different address from within Gmail.